Wednesday 23 June 2010

Major update V: the cruise

The Monday after the wedding, me and my husband (ha!) left Auro with his grandparents in Cesenatico and drove back to Genoa. My brother left the next day on his motorbike and, all of a sudden, I found myself alone in the apartment for the very first time. Even though I was missing Auro, I also felt extremely relaxed. So I decided to enjoy it and I went out almost every day with my book and sat on a bench near the sea.
The following Saturday, Remo and I left for a cruise on the Mediterranean. The reason why we left only on Saturday is because I insisted we leave from the harbor of Genoa. I just thought it was more appropriate. The cruise lasted only for one short week, but the 'MSC Splendida' docked in Marseille (France), Barcelona (Spain), Tunis (Tunisia), La Valletta (Malta), Messina (Sicily) and Civitavecchia (close to Rome) before arriving back in Genoa. For us it was the first time to undertake such an organized way of traveling, but it was very 'suitable' for a honeymoon and I would recommend it to any newlywed couple.
Leaving Genoa...



Marseille's Notre-Dame de la Garde, seen  from the yacht harbor
Colorful balconies in Malta
Tunisian coast, early in the morning
Stromboli's still very active volcano (off the north coast of Sicily)
Arrival in Genoa (it was raining!)

No comments:

Post a Comment