Tuesday 22 June 2010

Major update III: Final preparations

Completely relaxed after a week in Belgium, I returned to Genoa ready to face the final preparations of the wedding. Remo went to pick up Auro in Cesenatico and together we prepared the 120 'bomboniere' (it's a tradition in Italy to present the guests with a wedding keep-sake): we divided 8 kilos of Belgian chocolate (confetti) over the 120 small Chinese bags (with the double Chinese character for happiness 喜喜 embroidered on them, symbolizing the happiness of a married couple) and wrapped them safely for the long journey to Verucchio. After that I prepared our bags, wrapped my wedding dress (safely hidden from Remo's eyes) and on Tuesday the 25th (4 days before the wedding) Auro and I took the train to Cesenatico. 
The next day, Lara and I had an appointment with the hairdresser/beautician for a trial of the make-up and hairdo. As if she could read my mind, she arranged my hair exactly in the way I wanted and I returned home completely satisfied and assured that I would look great on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment