Saturday 14 May 2011

Topo Gigio

It's amazing how children copy everything we do. Auro, for example, watches me breastfeed Tosca every day and, doing so, he also sees me in a lot of pain from time to time (I will 'dedicate' another post to that later). One day, Auro asked me to look at him because he was breastfeeding 'Topo Gigio' (a character from a well-known Italian animation). At first I thought I had misunderstood somehow, but then I heard him making suckling sounds and so I looked. He had his hand close to his nipple and in it he was holding something what I can only assume to be an invisible Topo Gigio. He then pointed to his left nipple saying that it was painful from that side, but that the other side was ok. (I have a painful right breast, so that becomes the left one for Auro) Despite all the pain, however, he stubbornly continues to feed his Topo Gigio every now and then. Believe it or not, but the other day I noticed that after a feeding he even burps 'his baby'!!

No comments:

Post a Comment