Monday 7 September 2009

Change

In the almost 3 weeks we have been in Japan, Auro has undergone (at least in my eyes) a small transformation. Just as the first 3 weeks in Belgium have been the most difficult among difficult periods so far, the change that came after it has been the most amazing...
In only a couple of weeks Auro has learned how to
*smoothly go from stomach to back and visa versa (until recently, when he rolled over, it was mostly by coincidence)
*push himself up to sitting position (I very often find him sitting in his bed in the morning!)
*crawl forward (first with his belly on the floor like a soldier ducking overflying bullets, but now on hands and knees like a real crawling baby)
*walk around when you hold both of his hands
*pull himself up to standing position (using the sofa, a table or a chair, but preferably me!)
*understand some basic 'commands' (like "give it to mama, let mama have a taste, wave goodbye, clap your hands")
*understand that there is a certain order in actions (when I put the towel on the floor, he goes to sit on it and waits for me to bring him his food ... or... when I put him in the stroller, he looks for the seatbelt and tries to lock it himself ... or ... when I put a towel around his shoulders after a shower, he tries to wrap himself in it like I usually do)
*play by himself for longer than 15 minutes

6 comments:

  1. Does Auro realise by now already that he has to waive with the hand that is "showing" (and not with the one he holds behind your back ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pascale...even I still make that mistake from time to time...and I'm 30 years old!

    Sometimes even, when I'm talking I realise that my lips are not moving...and then one nanosecond later ... I realise I'm not really talking but only thinking that I'm talking...and while I'm thinking all of this I see that there's nobody at all to talk to anyway! It's a good thing I don't have to watch myself during this strange event, must look fucking ridiculous!

    So give this little character a break, his birthday 's coming up and he shouldn't worry now about how to wave his hands. What he should worry about is food! How can he get those Belgian fries into this goddamn communist country!? And therefore I say: Good luck Golden Boy, don't let those commi swine get the best of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...quite a comment... too bad I don't know who it is from...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Pascale: most of the times he seems to realise which hand he is showing ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luc Borré17/09/2009, 20:04

    This comment was written by a GENIUS !

    I love it, thx!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew it!!! It was either from a very frustrated Chinese person or by you ;-))

    ReplyDelete