Sunday 14 June 2009

Tent

Another Italian word I picked up during the stay of my in-laws is the word "tenda", which means "tent". Since the weather in Changchun was so good, we decided to go out for another picknick. This time, though, we took a taxi to the South Lake Park and upgraded our picknick-gear: we bought a tent! South Lake Park is always full of people (especially when the sun is out) and the Chinese sense of privacy is not exactly the same as ours (actually, I sometimes wonder whether there is a Chinese word for 'privacy' at all), so I thought it'd be better if we had a tent in which Auro could take a nap without 20 people standing around him. Also, because I'm still breastfeeding, the tent allowed me to hang on to that last piece of shame that I still have left. After having breastfed in the most unthinkable places (taxis, public buses, on the doorstep of a museum,...) sometimes with people practically putting their nose between Auro's mouth and my... there is not much shame left in me, believe me! Anyway, so off we went to the park and had ourselves a relaxing picknick!!

No comments:

Post a Comment