Friday 1 May 2009

Shy

Today, Auro and I had guests. Four ladies from Remo's college and the two year old son of one of them visited us this afternoon.
Auro was still sleeping when they arrived, but as soon as he woke up, he was greeted heartily by all of them. Auro was a bit overwhelmed by our guests' eagerness to greet him, touch him and hold him, so for the first minutes he just stared at them while holding on firmly to my shirt and pushing his head against my chest. Auro usually likes attention, but 5 pairs of eyes on him made him a shy little boy. So cute!!!
After his initial shyness had passed and I wanted to start preparing the risotto in the kitchen, I handed him to the girls. As you know, Auro is not used to being held by strangers, so naturally he did his bit of crying when he was passed from person to person, but all in all, I think he did pretty well. As a mother, I am, of course, flattered by the fact that I am the only one who can hold him without crying, but I do hope he will overcome this shyness and become as sociable as the two year old boy who who was trying so hard to make friends with 'didi Auro' (弟弟Auro, younger brother Auro)!

No comments:

Post a Comment