Thursday 2 December 2010

November rains

I know I haven't written in a a while, but not much has happened since the last time I wrote. Remo has been going to work every day while I'm at home with Auro. The rainy  weather that seemed to last forever kept us locked up inside of the apartment most of the time. But here are some pictures of  the past month's 'highlights'. 
Almost one month ago, Auro's nonni (Remo's parents) came to visit us in Genoa. They were here for only 2 days, but it was as 'intense' as a one-week visit for Auro, who, (and as a pregnant and therefore most of the time exhausted mother I have to admit this) to my great joy, needed some extra long naps over the following days to recover from all the excitement. Since it was raining nonstop, we took Auro to la citta' dei bambini (a huge indoor playground/museum for children) here in the old port of Genoa. Needless to say he had a great time and the moment we had to leave (to make it on time for our lunch reservations) was, quite understandably, accompanied by the unavoidable tears... the poor thing!
Auro and I looking into all kinds of mirrors that give funny reflections
Auro dressed as one of his 'idols': Bob the Builder

And here are some photos of what we did at home while it was pouring outside.
Auro with his 'helmet' on his head, saying "Auro moto! Auro moto!" (moto = motorbike)
Auro showing off his 'new' bed (We removed one side, so he can get in and out of his bed by himself. I decided it was time for this, because lifting him in and out was becoming a bit painful for me. Also, with my ever-expanding belly I wasn't able to bend over and give him a goodnight kiss anymore. We are nearly one week later now and, except for the one time he kept climbing out of his bed during his nap time  because he didn't want to sleep, he has slept like an angel in there!) 
Auro posing proudly in front of the Christmas tree that we put up last weekend. He also knows that a Christmas tree is to look at and not to touch (except for the one Christmas ball that is hanging from the lowest branch, which he occasionally touches, ever so delicately, with one finger!)

No comments:

Post a Comment