Wednesday 30 December 2009

Milestones

I can not believe I haven't posted any news in almost 2 months. It's definitely not because there was nothing to tell! Actually there have been some big changes! So, to get started again, here are some of the 'big' things that happened during the past 2 months.

We bought a car! With the help of my cousin and my father, we found a second hand Renault Scenic in great conditions and for a very reasonable price. We were actually looking for a smaller car to maneuver down the narrow streets of Genoa, but we were getting such a good deal, we couldn't let it pass by. And so now, for the first time in my life I have a car registered to my name!

Auro started walking! I believe that  Auro was physically capable of walking by himself for a while already, but psychologically he just wasn't ready yet to let go of my hand!(Or is this one of those things that every mother thinks of her child?) Anyway, on the 25th of November (so at the age of 14 months) Auro, all of a sudden, started walking around the room by himself. Unluckily for Remo, this blissful event took place while we were still in Belgium, three days before Remo joined us from Italy.

And then there was the big move to Genoa. On the 3rd of December, we (my father, Remo, Auro and I) left Begijnendijk with 2 cars (ours and my father's) to arrive 16 (!) hours later at the entrance of our new home in Genoa. The trip was long (1085 km) and tiring (2 hours of traffic jam in a tunnel in Switzerland due to an accident), so, needless to say, we were very relieved to arrive and get some sleep. My father stayed for the weekend and then drove back by himself. Strangely enough, the drive back took only 12 hours! What is it that they say about horses when they small their stable?



No comments:

Post a Comment