Tuesday 3 November 2009

My mother

Last year, on the 2nd of November, at 15:45, my mother passed away. Yesterday, we got together in my father's place and had a dinner in her honour. Today, I just feel like sharing some photos of her...

September 1971 (my mom was 21!)

In September 2006, my mother came to visit me in Japan. After having lived there for nearly 7 years, I had finally convinced her to come to my graduation ceremony. She loved absolutely everything in Japan, except the traditional Japanese breakfast. This photo was taken at the breakfast table in a temple on Mount Koya where we had spent the night.

This photo was taken after my mom's visit to Japan. Over the last years, my mother and I had made a habit out of making little daytrips to different places every time I was in Belgium. In 2006, we went to Delft in Holland.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Caroline, for sharing these photos with us! I met your mother only briefly, but I remember she was so warm and serene, and sunny... I am thinking of you and her. Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caro, ik wens je veel sterkte in deze heel moeilijke dagen. Ik kan me voorstellen dat haar dood een enorme leegte heeft achtergelaten bij jou...

    Annelies

    ReplyDelete