Thursday 19 February 2009

Waiting

It's cold today and it has started snowing again. And because there isn't the usual sunshine to warm up the apartment, both Auro and I had to put on something extra to keep warm. We were planning to go out for a walk to the supermarket, but remembering how Auro cried when the cold hit his face last time we went out, I decided against it and to wait for another day or two until the temperature rises a little again.
While we are waiting here in the cold for Remo to come home (next Tuesday!), we have managed to find a daily rythm quite agreeable to, I think, the both of us. I get up around 7 or 7:30, have breakfast and wait for Auro to wake up for his first feeding, which is usually around 8 or 8:30. Five (or sometimes four... or six...) feedings and a full day of playing, crying (yes!) and some occasional napping later, Auro is carried off to his bed by 9 (sometimes later) where he (most of the time) falls asleep until the next morning!
Now, I am aware how lucky I am that Auro lets me sleep during the night and I fully realise that by sharing this information with you I risk to loose this nice agreement I have with my baby son. On the other hand, I also know that most of you are reading this blog to know about Auro, so, please, do me the favour of hoping with me that many more undisturbed nights are waiting for me!

1 comment:

  1. Many people here use plastic raincovers over the buggies on a cold day...I've used it myself couple of times when it snowed...it doesn't get as cold as in Changchun here though.

    ReplyDelete