Wednesday 29 February 2012

Carnival

Last Sunday, we took the kids to see the carnival parade in Pontedecimo, a neigbouring town, less than 10 minutes drive from here. Even if it wasn't quite what I had expected, it was still quite spectacular. Auro didn't want to wear a costume at first, but when I showed him the Japanese happi coat I had been saving for him, he changed his mind immediately! I got the happi coat in Japan many years ago. I can't even remember the exact place nor the occasion, but I have always kept it neatly tucked away in some cupboard, hoping that one day I'd have a child that could wear it. Dream fulfilled ;-)
Auro in his Japanese happi coat
Tractors pulling the carnival floats
The grand finale (for the kids): a huge pentolaccia filled with candy!
Auro waiting for the candy to fall (Unfortunately, we couldn't get to any of the candy that had fallen on the ground because of the many people, but a nice lady saw Auro's disapointed face, opened her purse and gave him a bag of chocolate coins!)


No comments:

Post a Comment